Tuesday, November 1, 2011

It's NaNo time!

Finally. I thought this day would never arrive.

No I'm busy writing WiP4 (the one I wanted to write for months now). I even gave it a name: Don't Look Back.

How is it going? Well... I'm back to pen and papering. Boy am I out of practice. I haven't done any serious pen and paper drafting in about six months.

My daily aspiration is somewhere in the 4k range, but I'm not sure I'll make it yet. I'm probably going to work my way up to it.

Why, you may ask, would I make NaNoWriMo even more challenging?

Well, because, although my exam went well, I never know how the lecturers will mark, so I want to get as much of the novel done as possible in two weeks, since I will only have a week after the second exam.

In short: if my first exam is a cop out, and I can't kick someone's ass until I am given a pass, I will need to finish NaNo in 3 weeks. Which is why my safety cushion is so necessary.

So what about you? Are you doing NaNoWriMo this year? If you are and want to buddy up, my NaNo name is iceangel.  What's your strategy to win?

If you're not NaNo'ing, what are you doing for the month of November?

11 comments:

  1. Phew! I'm exhausted just reading what you got going. No NaNo for me. I've got a house that's sold and have to clear it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are amazing--just don't burn yourself out. No NaNo for me--I'm editing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to edit my book to make it ready for publication in May. And then I have edits coming in for book two that I haven't even looked at. It's like all this editing just showed up on my desk...hundreds of pages. Meh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did NaNo back in September. I had to take a break and let the story simmer. I tend to do that, write-simmer-write, and when I write, it's frantic. Not your 4k pace -- which is INSANE! -- but somewhere in the 1.5k to 3k per day range.

    Good luck!

    - Eric

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sir Poops is suddenly paralyzed and is taking up much of my free time. THough we've gotten back to our re-writes and edits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three weeks for Nano, hopefully it doesn't come to that, but either way, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's an aggressive goal but you can do it!!

    I'm dragonfang77 at NaNo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with writing for Nano! I think it is a great goal. I think I will design and make some Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm participating in NaNoWriMo. I added you as a buddy. I'm bookworm0753 there. I'm hoping to write two novels this month, so we'll see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I try to improve my strategy from last year and hope to soon have a complete outline of the story - not only for the first half.
    I was able to fill some holes today, and although I'm far from finished I finally had enough to start writing and keep me writing for the first few days - I hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's definitely possible, Misha. I know that you can do it. ^^

    This year I'm hoping for two books so we're in the same boats with our goals. Today my goal is 5k though I may go farther. I'm around 3k right now. I just have to type up all the words I wrote while at school.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to read what you think.

Feel free to ignore the check-box saying "Prove you're not a robot." My word verification is off, but I moderate comments to posts older than two weeks.