Thursday, November 24, 2011

Oh for the love of lamb!

Sigh. Today is one of those days. I have a rewrite waiting for me at a particularly juicy place. I mean I got to it yesterday and thought that I would write the scene today and have a lovely burst of productivity that will maybe help me to do a few thousand words.

All wonderful in theory except that I forgot it's my cooking turn. So when I remembered this, I went to the fridge and - since it's mouth end - found my options limited to unrecognisable frozen meat that looked like brisket and unrecognisable frozen meat looking like chops.

I chose the latter and got the directive to make a stew so that we could use the sauce on our krummelpap. So I did the preparations, chucked in the meat and checked on the brew regularly.

And found to my dismay that it is in fact neck. Now I love neck when it is well cooked and soft. What I don't like is cooking neck, because it takes as long as it takes to cook.

In other words, it has been on the stove for three hours and counting, with me checking at 15 minute intervals that the brew doesn't cook dry.

Not the most productive way to write. *Sob*

I only hope that the stew looks like this once it's done:



Happy Thanksgiving to all of my U.S. friends!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the good wishes. We celebrated Thanksgiving early since hubby is leaving today.

    That krummelpap looks great. I'm going to have to look up the recipe.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of krummelpap--but the stew looks good. I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the continuous writing time you'd looked forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it turned out good!! (Now I'm craving a slow cooked meal hehehe).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. Looks like Santa should bring you a Crockpot to cook your stew in.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to read what you think.

Feel free to ignore the check-box saying "Prove you're not a robot." My word verification is off, but I moderate comments to posts older than two weeks.