Monday, November 14, 2011

NaNo Day 14: Setting up a sequel

Hi all! Firstly, I want to thank all of you who were kind enough to vote for Troublemaker during the Rule of Three blogfest. It got second place. *SQUEEE!*

As for NaNo, I've hit the middle patch, which is always fun. You know the one, where it feels like you're sipping yogurt through a tiny straw or as if you're mucking out a mud bath.

Fortunately, I think this isn't a plot based problem (at least not much of one). I set up lots of lovely things to happen for the next 25k. My biggest problem is linking it up, since my characters seem to have this annoying habit of going underground and waiting things out. Smart? Definitely. Exciting? Only for the first few hundred words.

In the mean while, a new character appeared, who annoys the crap out of all three my guys. So, since I am such a benevolent and loving creator, I will probably write her into a sequel featuring at least two of them. *Cue evil chuckle.*

Anyway: Meet Agent Sylvia Regatti.


So that's pretty much my NaNo news for now. How are things going for you? 

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're on an excellent pace at this almost-halfway point, and it's great that you're setting things up for a continuation of the story! I've just finished one project and am diving into another--and for this one, I have to finish it in exactly 4 weeks. So I have my own personal NaNo, just with odd timing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard that all authors always hit some sort of snag on any project. I'm sure you'll push through it. NaNo is not easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you sound all in control and marching forward! Good for you. :)

    I'm doing okay word-count wise (32k ish) but since taking a break for my families visit (and drinking/eating too much, sleeping too little) I've lost my mojo - Much to my irritation. I'm hoping after 24 hrs of moaning about it and little else (well- I've read quite a few nano articles which usually helps), my head can get back into the story.

    I totally get what you mean regarding linking things up. I wrote several scenes ahead of time, which I now have to write around and link in. May regret doing it ?

    Shah .X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on The Rule of Three showing!

    Also, I'd let that agent arrest me. I wouldn't even claim police brutality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!

    It sounds like NaNo going really well. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on 2nd place! Awesome!

    Keep pushing through the NaNo...sounds like it's going good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on second place!

    And you're doing well with your NaNo novel. Hehe! Sequels already, but I can't talk. The one book I'm about to start is a trilogy.

    NaNo is going well for me. I'm at the 45k mark, and I'm reading through the first draft and adding to get up to the 50k mark. I'm also planning and thinking about novel two, so I can start writing.

    Good luck with your novel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I finished my first novel yesterday. Today (and perhaps tomorrow) I'm catching up on a few other things. Then I'm going to dive into the sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your placement.

    That agent is very arresting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, I'm stuck in writer mode or something, but when you said that was an "agent" I thought you meant from a literary agency! LOL Congrats on the 2nd placing, woo! I like your description of sipping yogurt through a tiny straw. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulation dear.
    I hope that nano will go good always.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to read what you think.

Feel free to ignore the check-box saying "Prove you're not a robot." My word verification is off, but I moderate comments to posts older than two weeks.