Thursday, September 30, 2010

Irony.

Before I start today's post:

Morning all and welcome to all the new followers. And thank you all for posting comments. It's really starting to feel like we're in conversation.

I wanted to do this a while back, but I was in such a hurry every time I posted that I kept forgetting. Anyway. I have been contacted by C. John Coombes, who wants to get his new blog off the ground. He needs authors that published in an e-book format as well as reviewers willing to read and review e-books. So please go check it out and spread the word.

Then, as I'm certain you noticed, my first page is up, but as yet incomplete. The plan is to give you all at least some idea about who's talking to me in Doorways so that I don't sound like a ranting idiot half the time. However, I'm struggling to find images to use in order to give you an idea what they look like. Sigh.

Finally, I'm contemplating the creation a conversation area where we can all get together to chat about whatever we want. Would you spend time in such an area? Please let me know honestly in the comments, since I want to have an idea as to the numbers involved. Also, if you have a suggestion as to how I can create this area, please let me know.

OK... that done, let's get to the post.


My past three days have been filled with irony.

I finished an essay I believed was practically finished at four o'clock the following morning.

I woke up in time, got dressed on time and drove to campus on time. Only to have my car break down at the most inopportune moment. Just as I resigned to the fact that I was going to be late for the hand-in, someone came past and helped me to park the car. I realized that it was nearly impossible for me to get the project printed and handed in, since the queues at the printers were incredibly long... and everyone seemed to be printing out Bibles. But... I somehow managed to get the project in exactly one minute before the deadline.

Oh and I went back to my car and tried hope against hope to start it. Yep. You guessed it.

Last night I went to another dance with the same friend of before... and bumped into that guy. This after I decided that I would likely never see him again and that this wasn't necessarily a bad thing. He in continuing the trend, asked me to one dance and left immediately afterwards. So I saw just enough of him to have to put myself through my mental pep-talk. Again.

And today, when I have to tidy my F-5 tornado stricken room (well, that's what it looks like. except that it's still here...), clean the bathroom and start studying for two tests next week, now has a muse breathing in my neck, reminding me not so subtly that Gawain is waiting for his interview. That Ward might lose his nerve and leave until next time. And that I haven't actively written anything in the Beast in three weeks.

I have to say though, my life is certainly exciting. I never know when something is going to completely in the opposite way from what I planned. It keeps me on my toes. And it gives me something to laugh about - even if it is in a sad way.  

Do you also get streaks of irony? Do you also laugh? What else is going on in your life?

12 comments:

  1. That's a crazy day Misha. In regard to the page you're referring to, spending time in, I am not sure what you mean and pretty sure I wouldn't have time.
    Nancy
    N. R. Williams, fantasy author

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always laughing at irony, even when it's not particularly funny. :P

    By a place where we can get together and chat; I'm not exactly sure of what you mean, either. Like a chatbox or a real-time page/window?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah irony and diabolical laughing happen a lot over here! I'm going to be honest and say no to the chat thing--too many other things going on--sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Irony in life just annoys me. There's no laughing ... just annoyance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Sounds like you live on a rolercoaster! I have times like that, and I just laugh them off (after I've had a tantrum of course!). Can't stay pissed off forever, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy I'm not quite sure how I want to do the hang-out area either, but so far it seems like it won't work anyway... So back to the drawing board for me...

    Golden, I laugh at all of them too. I can proudly say that I have a VERY twisted sense of humor.

    Christina I love the diabolical laughter thing - although if I start, my friends might start running away. ;-P Thanks for the honest reply.

    Quinn that is rather sad to hear. I laugh because it helps me cope with the annoyance. Lest I go one step beyond diabolical laughter and progress into full blown psychosis. ;-)

    I totally agree, Jessica (or do you prefer Carmen?). If I stayed angry at my ironic streaks, I'd be a very grumpy lady indeed... Life's way too short to live angry.

    Thanks all for your great comments.

    Misha :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My life is FULL of irony... sometimes I think my life is just one huge cosmic joke but it would take far too much explaining to get into that... though it seems like your life is similar in terms of frequent ironic happenings!

    I don't really have time for chatting but if you DID want to talk more frequently with me, you could always be my friend on facebook and message me when you felt like because I do talk to people on there. Just search Melissa Wideen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't do a lot of chatting...I trade a lot of emails via blogs and face book...

    I had a little bit of excitement this morning...I had an email telling me an article I wrote was going to be published in a regional SCBWI newsletter. :) Then I got a rejection from a publisher...They already had a book on contract that was similar. (That means they at least looked at it. smile) Then they sent me an email saying they liked my title. Which made me feel pretty good about my daily dose of rejection...

    Have a lovely rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Indeed Melissa. I swear someone up there has a perverse sense of humor. ;-)

    Congrats on the article being chosen Sharon! And I'm very impressed that the publisher's looked at your work. Maybe next time the person looking at it falls in love with it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow what a day, momma daid say that they would be day like these eh?
    as for your chat thing what about using somthing like a discusion board? planned days of the weeks and times that you'll be on MSN or skype? That way people and followers can log on to MSN or skype and have sort of a group chat? is that kinda what you were meaning?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was thinking about a discussion board type idea, but I don't think I'm going to do it any more...

    ReplyDelete
  12. You met him again? That does have to show something about fate. I'm waiting to see what happens. Reading through old blog posts the way I do is like unfolding a story in itself. Now I'm off to move on to October!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to read what you think.

Feel free to ignore the check-box saying "Prove you're not a robot." My word verification is off, but I moderate comments to posts older than two weeks.