Still, I decided to go out on a limb and ask some more successful bloggers about what they did to make their blog work. These are the tips I got (in no particular order.)
- Make the text and background colours easy on the eye. (Which is why my background is now white and my text black, instead of vice versa)
- Follow lots of blogs
- Comment on lots of related blogs (something that I have to work on)
- Put the follow widgets at the top.
- Be yourself (can't help it). Use your own name for your blog address. (I decided against it due to known difficulties faced by people trying to spell my name and surname...)
- Be honest, but don't rant. (I'm rather opinionated, so I have to make sure to keep my tendencies in check.)
- ALWAYS think of your readers. Don't be self-serving or self-righteous, because then no one will like you. (Who me? *flutters innocent eyelashes* never...)
- Try to give your readers what they want.
- Keep things short and sweet. Apparently 300 words is a good cut off point. (Yipe! I'm always tempted to write books and books. But from now on I promise that I won't waffle. Or at least... I promise I'll try not to waffle.)
- Make time to blog. Set a regular schedule. If you have to deviate, let your readers know. Once a week is good, daily is better.
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! I love to read what you think.
Feel free to ignore the check-box saying "Prove you're not a robot." My word verification is off, but I moderate comments to posts older than two weeks.