Sunday, April 28, 2019

Update Day: Madness


Friday was the last Friday of the month, which means it was time for another Update Day. But I was so busy that I could do little more than to wave at the day as it passed me by.

In fact, the only reason why I'm even able to write this post now is because I have to back up the work I finished doing five minutes ago. It's past 10 p.m. on a Saturday night.

That said, it's not all bad news. The big reason why I've been this busy is that I had a record freelancing month. In fact, I did so well that I smashed my monthly earnings goal. *confetti!*

I'm really hoping I get more of these kinds of jobs in the future, and no, not just because of the money. (Although knowing I'll be able to stomp out some fires in the coming month is a nice feeling.) The truth is that I really enjoyed the work. The only thing is that next time, I'll make sure to give myself enough hours to get everything done. Because BOY did this take a lot to do.

Partially because of this, I didn't hit any of my other goals for this month. I have some major changes coming up that I'm going to announce soon, but April ended up being so crazy that I couldn't actually make the final decisions I needed to make.

So that's going into my to-do list for May.

Other than that, I did actually manage to get some editing done for Camp NaNoWriMo. The sad thing is that I did less than half of what I'd planned, simply because this freelance job meant that I had to give up my writing hours too.

Still, I'm seeing this month as a win. Sure, I had to give up some of my writing productivity, but I'm counting this as an investment towards a more stable future.

How did your month go? Any interesting news to share?


17 comments:

  1. Glad the freelance is booming. It's a good thing I don't have to rely on any freelance. My family would starve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds as if it's a win to me. Congratulations.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on smashing your monthly earnings goal! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Misha - so glad you're getting more work in ... makes life easier. Good luck and looking forward to seeing what your news is - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yeah it's nice to know that things are stabilizing. (Now I just need to get the whole work/life/writing balance thing right.)

      Delete
  5. Wonderful the freelancing has been good. My freelance book formatting has also really been good this year, which is something I really enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news about the free-lancing! Although you might not have gotten as much done on the writing front as you might have liked, it sounds like it was well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's a balancing act, but I really think it'll pay off in the long run.

      Delete
  7. Definitely a win. The freelancing work keeps the wolf from the door so you can work on other things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a win! :) Good luck with your goals in May.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brave girl! Meet and surpass your goals!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to read what you think.

Feel free to ignore the check-box saying "Prove you're not a robot." My word verification is off, but I moderate comments to posts older than two weeks.