Sunday, June 2, 2019

Update Day: Bringing the Madness Under Control


Friday was the last Friday of the month, which means it was time for Update Day. But I'm only posting now because my schedule hasn't really lightened up yet.

April was mad because of the massive job I got that had a deadline right around the end of the month. That went so well that the person who hired me in April hired me again in May. The job is a bit smaller, but its deadline was (you guessed it) on Friday. I had planned everything so that I could actually have time to write a post the way I'm supposed to, but the project kicked my butt in a MASSIVE way.

But here I am now. I've definitely made that decision I mentioned last time. It's actually a terrifying thing that I decided to do, but I know it's the right thing, which makes it exciting too. I'll be making the announcement next month because while I have a firm grip on what I'm doing, getting it done is going to take a lot of preparation... which is hard to do when you barely have time to take a proper breath.

I'll get there, though.

In other news, I did a large-scale overhaul of my lifestyle in May. This is part of my no-time problem, but I've decided to get a grip on my physical and mental health. I'm naming the two together because they're linked. I know I've been suffering from a LOT of stress, but I've been eating badly and skipping exercise, which made me sleep badly, which added to the stress.

So I just reached a point where I realized I had to sort that crap out. So now I'm eating healthier and walking more for exercise. Although it does cut into my schedule a bit (it's hard to be as productive while you're changing your diet), I'm really glad I did it. It's definitely helping me cope better and to think clearly about what it is that I'm doing.

Now the biggest thing for me for June is to keep to the healthy habits I'm building and to actually act on the decisions I've made this month. Wish me luck!

How are you doing? 

14 comments:

  1. Yes, mental and physical health are definitely intertwined. I don't know where the idea came from that mind and body could be separated, like our mind is simply a distinct and separate driver in our physical body, but IMO it's nonsense. Good luck with keeping up the healthy habits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree with you. People always talk like it's fine to neglect one and focus on the other, but that actually makes it harder.

      Delete
    2. *Makes it harder to be healthy.

      Delete
  2. Hi Misha - good luck ... but you're obviously working things out and achieving your job requirements. Good for you and yes keep up the healthy habits - all the best - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilary. Yeah it's a process, but I do feel like I'm actually getting somewhere.

      Delete
  3. So, so true about mental and physical health being linked. Whenever one suffers for me, the other does so, too. Glad to hear you've been getting that all sorted out! Best of luck maintaining this healthier routine, and achieving all the other goals on your plate right now, as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Yeah I've reached a point that I didn't know which one was causing problems with the other... So I decided "Screw it. Ima fix both."

      Delete
  4. Best of luck to you! Trying to make some healthy changes here too--food and walking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes on your new healthy habits! I have discovered how linked my mental and physical habits are, too. I have made small changes, then slipped, and now I'm back again. I will make an evergreen change, this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the evergreen changes are really a bunch of small adaptations that we make that stick around even if we have setbacks. :-)

      Delete
  6. Good luck! But it sounds like you're on the right track already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't feel like it at the moment because I had a crazy week, but then I look back at everything I've achieved and then I'm actually a bit shocked at how much got done.

      Delete
  7. Changing to a healthier diet and getting exercise are essential. You'll pay later if you don't.
    I'm getting some good editing done on a couple of manuscripts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to read what you think.

Feel free to ignore the check-box saying "Prove you're not a robot." My word verification is off, but I moderate comments to posts older than two weeks.