Monday, August 1, 2011

Novel Films Blogfest Part 1

Hi all! After being rushed off my feet, I finally managed to sit still long enough to go draw up a list. Unforstunately it isn't all that refined (as I am once again late on the way somewhere else), but it's the best I can do.

To think I was being clever when I signed up when the dates clash with classes. > .<

Aaaaanyway. Here's the list, I'll probably expand on it later, once I have time.



The Bone Collector by Jeffery Deaver



Chocolat by Joanne Harris



Eragon by Christopher Paolini



Heidi by Johanna Spyri



C.S. Lewis

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis

Prince Caspian

Voyage of the Dawn Treader



Little Women by Louisa May Alcott


The Lord of Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien



New Moon by Stephenie Meyer



Stephenie Meyer

Twilight

New Moon

Eclipse


Angels and Demons by Dan Brown



Arthur Conan Doyle

The Hound of the Baskervilles

Sherlock Holmes (based on the premise and characters of the Sherlock Holmes book series)



Charles Dickens 
A Christmas Carol

Oliver Twist



Alexandre Dumas 
The Count of Monte Cristo
The Man in the Iron Mask
The Three Musketeers



The Prisoner of Zenda by Anthony Hope



Robert Ludlum 
The Bourne Identity
The Bourne Supremacy



Animal Farm by George Orwell



J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (aka Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkabahn
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire



Mark Twain

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer


What was your favorite book to movie addaption?




14 comments:

  1. Think I'd plump for the 1940 Hitchcock film of Daphne du Maurier's novel, Rebecca. Chilling and atmospheric, even though it didn't stick to the exact story in the novel! Jane Gray

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked Jurassic Park. Oh and Silence of the Lambs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes, yes to The Bourne Identity. Love those movies. And I nearly put A Christmas Carol on my list too. Love both the book and the movie to pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot Eragon when I made up my list . . . had to go back and add that one. :P

    I'm not sure which adaptation would be my favorite. Though Hayao Miyazaki's movies come pretty close.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    I'm not going to mention the little mountain maid! Hee hee, that book dates me. ;)

    lovely list, and I so loved Chocolat I have the audio book as well. :o

    best
    F

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I love all of them too - though my favorites are Harry and Potter & Lord of the Rings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dumas wrote such fun, adventurous books. Great list. Hope uni is going great. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved The Lion The Witch And The Wardrobe! I got tears in my eyes just watching the preview.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite would have to be the Princess Bride.

    And my full list will be up this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list. I completely forgot about Little Women. What a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite book-to-movie list would not contain Harry Potter nor Lord of the Rings, bacause I don't like either (I guess the problem is that I don't like the fantasy stuff).

    My favorite book-to-movie would at least contain the following:
    o Dr. Zhivago (Boris Pasternak)
    o Hotel New Hampshire (John Irving)
    o The Unbearable Lightness of being (Milan Kundera)

    Cold As Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are a few here that I've read and a few more that I've seen, but several that I've neither seen nor read. But it looks like a pretty good list.


    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a great list. There's lots of stuff there I haven't seen (and a few I haven't read), so I have to get busy :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to read what you think.

Feel free to ignore the check-box saying "Prove you're not a robot." My word verification is off, but I moderate comments to posts older than two weeks.