Morning all! I've been reading your comments for my last post and I was staggered at how many of you offered to help.
Thinking back, I shouldn't have been, since I always knew that you are all beyond awesome!
I wish to give all of you who have ever left comments on my pasts the Fair Dinkum award. (Thanks for giving it to me Nancy!) Every single comment as been hugely appreciated and loved.
To me, fair dinkum is a aussie slang word meaning that something or someone is nice, cool, appreciated in some way. And yes. Absolutely positively awesome.
To claim this reward, you need to comment to me, explaining what the phrase fair dinkum means to you. Do you know any fair dinkum people? Tell me about them. Then you also need to suggest reasons why L'Aussie chose this image for her award. Can't wait to hear what you think.
Then, I also want to give away a versatile blogger award. (Thanks Blogger!)
So, to receive this award, I have to tell you seven things about myself before passing on the award to seven more people.
So seven things about myself...
1) My birthmark is a spot of freckles on my stomach.
2) This year, I have read over a hundred books and seen around fifty movies. (My two great passions except for writing.
3) My fencing nickname is Scaramouche - due to my dramatic flair. Incidentally, the name comes from an awesome book by Rafael Sabatini. (He also wrote Captain Blood.)
4) My favourite quote (also a sort of motto for me) comes from that book: "He was born with the gift of laughter and the knowledge that the world was mad."
5) I play a mean game of table tennis. If I'm on form I can serve so fast that the ball will fly out even if the player only touches his paddle to it.
6) I have drawn blood in a broadsword battle. The guy was twice as big as me and thought I wouldn't be able to get to him. So he didn't wear a mask. Big. Mistake.
7) When I read books with larger casts of characters, I tend to love the Best Friend more, since he/she is usually the deadpan snarky borderline psychopathic person - and as such gets the best lines after the villain.
And the winners of the Versatile Blogger Award are:
With a special mention to Blogger.
They all are busy with their WiP and blogs, but still took time to offer advice and/or help when I needed it.