Friday, October 27, 2017

Update Day: Seriously How Is It Still So Cold?

Hey all! It's the last Friday of the month, which means it's time for another Update Day. For those of you who are wondering, JEN Garrett and I co-host this monthly bloghop, where we set some crazy or just crazy important goals, and then post regular updates on our progress. If you feel like you need some accountability, this is the hop for you. Just click here for more information and to join in.


How Did October Go? 

Honestly, I feel a bit frustrated this month. I got a lot done, but I spent most of the time feeling like I'm just not getting into a rhythm, which meant that the million small things I needed to do just kept multiplying while the things that are important to me fell by the wayside.

So these were my goals for this month: 

1) Start revising Book 3. 

Nope. Mainly what happened was that I got some major freelancing jobs this month that ate up a lot of my time. Also, my momentum got broken early in October, which meant I actually just... didn't have the mind frame needed to work on this. 

2) Finish the ebook cover for The Heir's Choice

This neither.

3) Finish the Eden's Son rewrite.

By the time IWSG had rolled around, I had called this book cursed because some more of its words had vanished yet again. That loss early in the month was what broke my speed, and I haven't touched it since. 

4) Market Spirits in the Water. 

I did some light marketing, but not what I had wanted to do.

5) Edit and submit a short story I had written in September.

This I managed before Eden's Son wiped the floor with me. 

6)  Write four more poems in October. 

Nope. 

Goals for November

1) Win NaNoWriMo. (My username is iceangel, if you want to buddy up.) 
2) Revise Book 3
3) Rewrite Eden's Son
4) Market Spirits in the Water. 
5) Write four more poems. 
6) Finish the baby shower gift I'm making for a friend before said baby shower happens at the end of November. 
7) Wrap up the two major freelance jobs I'm currently contracted to. 
8) Finish posting the NaNo Need-to-Knows series. 

That's it from me for this month. How did your October go? Looking forward to November? 

12 comments:

  1. Freelance projects count as writing, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been catching up to your NaNo videos - hoping to try to motivate myself to committing to 50K. They've been helpful. I really enjoy the pantsing video for us pantsers. Well, reformed pantsers. I'm starting to see the benefit of outlining a bit, even though it's still hard.

    I also added you as a buddy. Hoping you can kick my butt in gear! I'll try to reach out once a week; see how you're doing for NaNo. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed my pantser video. ^_^

      I think I might have added you back already, but in case I haven't, I'll go check now.

      Delete
  3. OMG! You're planning to kick Na-No butt AND meet all of those other goals? Wow. You must be a super hero. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes the unimportant small stuff gets in the way of the important big stuff. Hopefully NaNo will help us all focus on our writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm racing to day to wrap up as much of the small stuff as I can so I can focus on NaNo as much as possible.

      Delete
  5. Hopefully November will get better for you... I am sure with the writing challenge, it will help you get centered with your writing again xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to read what you think.

Feel free to ignore the check-box saying "Prove you're not a robot." My word verification is off, but I moderate comments to posts older than two weeks.