Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Before and After: Chaos. Hope. Love. teaser graphic.

Some of you might not be aware of this, but I do the graphic design stuff for my own books. And actually, I really enjoy it.

One of my favorite parts of this is to take a picture, play with it, and make something from it that's completely and utterly me. My style. My aesthetic. 

So... Because I enjoy it and to encourage myself to do more of this sort of thing, I thought I'd share some before and afters of the pictures I used to make some image or another. Just so you know, the quality of the pictures and the graphics won't be the same as what I used/the original result, because I've actually paid for some of the images and wouldn't want people to infringe on copyright on my behalf. 

Today, though, I have a free image (I.E. one with a CC0 license) from Pixabay

Before:


Fashion, Beauty, Model, Portrait, Girl

I was looking for a picture that suits the story of Eris (Greek goddess of chaos) in modern times (and who kinda sorta fit the mental picture I had of her in my head.) 

Part of the story Chaos. Hope. Love. is the fact that part of Eris's talents as a goddess (and the reason why she could be everywhere and nowhere at once) is the fact that she can dissolve herself into thin air, so I wanted my picture to represent that. 

A bit of adaption, a few words and...

After: 


Tada! For those of you who missed the previous million times I mentioned it, you can find the first part of Chaos. Hope. Love. here. ;-) 

Let me know what you think! Like the teaser graphic? Find the before and after idea interesting? Should I do more of these kinds of posts? 

Also! Just a heads-up to my friends on Wordpress. I keep hearing that people using Wordpress are struggling to visit Blogger blogs for one reason or another (or about a thousand of them.) 

SO. I'm experimenting with cross-posting to a Wordpress blog. Exact same content, just on a different platform. So if you'd rather go there, all you have to do is click this link.

13 comments:

  1. You did a good job. I really should try doing some of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job!! You've got an eye for graphic design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's excellent. I would definitely like more of these posts, because this is an area I really know nothing about. Literally, I have no idea how you did that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spectacular! Love what you did with the image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is amazing. I'd hire you to do promotion images for some of my upcoming work if you ever get into graphic design. This is seriously one of the best I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice!

    I'm use WordPress (.org), but I have a blogger account. I also have a WordPress.com account. It simplifies all my commenting activity. :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did an amazing job. I love it!!!

    People have been telling me they've been having trouble commenting on my blogger blog. Is that the trouble you're talking about? I'm clueless as to how to fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a fun twist on the picture! Neat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your visual teaser! Very creative. I also make my own book covers and I think Pixabay is one of the best sources for free images.
    I blog on Wordpress but I do have a blogger account, so no problem visiting or commenting on my friends' blogs on Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're good at this! Keep on rocking!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Misha... I think it's awesome that you can do the graphic art design... I am not creative that way as I wish that I was... my oldest daughter does it for a living and totally enjoys it xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. There's no replacement for putting your own aesthetic on things and getting to make your vision come to life! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to read what you think.

Feel free to ignore the check-box saying "Prove you're not a robot." My word verification is off, but I moderate comments to posts older than two weeks.