Friday, May 25, 2018

Update Day: Boy Do I Have Good News!

It's hard to imagine, but this is the last Friday of May, which means, for those of you who don't know, it's time for me to share my update for the GotGoals? Bloghop.

Cohosted by me and JEN Garrett, this bloghop has its participants set some crazy or just crazy important goals, and then update on the last Friday of every month. If you want to join in the fun, please click here.


So how did May go? You'd think from my prolonged silence this month that it went horribly, but actually, something happened this month that was nothing short of a miracle. One day, I will be able to publicly talk about it, but because of the nature of my original problem that this miracle solved, I can't really give too much detail.

But yeah. On 3 May, someone basically walked in out of the blue and offered to solve one of the biggest problems that was threatening us. Just like that.

And then, something else amazing happened. So late last month, someone wanted to hire me as one of five people who would write articles for a project she was working on. Since the project deals with female entrepreneurship (a subject dear to my heart), I accepted the offer and started work.

It's only a short-term job, of the kind I usually do, so I thought nothing more of it, but then when I started submitting my articles, the lady let me know that I was the only one of the five people who wrote the articles the way she wanted. (She wanted stories, which worked for me. ^_^) So awesome. I'm basically going to write all those articles now.

But then last week or the end of the week about that, she said she'd referred me to the company she works for as a communications consultant, and they wanted to hire me as a contract worker, because they needed someone who could do the work I'd proved to her I could do.

So I said yes, because yay extra work.

And then I got the contract.

Guys... It's flexible and dependent on how much work they send me. But... We're talking about jumping to almost halfway to my monthly earning goal, assuming I fill the allowed hours.

And having started this week, I have to say I love the work.

So yeah. I had a super exciting month.

It's really great to be able to share some good news, I have to say.

Does that mean I'm going to set myself short term goals for June?

Not quite. See, because this is a major and new job for me, I want to keep everything as open as possible and settle into a routine. And once I do that, I'll be able to turn up the throttle on my personal goals again.

How are you guys doing? Anyone else have good news? 

15 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats, Misha! That's wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All right! I love good news.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! That really fills a square and it's something you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy to hear you have good news this month Misha, even if you can't go into details. I hope it lasts and you can build from here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy to hear things turned around for you!!! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I'm so glad things are going your way... you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That's absolutely amazing. Glad things fell into place for you like that, and that you're enjoying the work on top of it all. Many congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Misha - so pleased for you ... what a relief as you work forward to improve your life even more. Well done - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you! It's always great when you enjoy the work; that makes it easier to get it done. And I'm glad that things are going well for you; you certainly deserve it, and I hope that more good things happen for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very happy to read this Misha! CONGRATS! You have had such a hard time these past few years, it's so good to read this exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad things are going your way:) You deserve it:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so happy for you! You really deserved something good happening. Best of luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh I'm so happy for you!! After all you have been through over the past few years I can't imagine how excited you were to get this contract. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to read what you think.

Feel free to ignore the check-box saying "Prove you're not a robot." My word verification is off, but I moderate comments to posts older than two weeks.