It’s the last Friday of the month again, but more than that, today is Good Friday, so I wish everyone who celebrates it a blessed Easter.
But because it’s the last Friday of March, it’s time for my Big Dreams/Huge Goals bloghop’s update day.
For those of you who are new to the blog, Beth Fred and I host a bloghop where a bunch of us set huge/hugely important goals. Then we post updates on the last Friday of every month to let each other know how we’re doing. It’s a great way to be accountable, which is the best motivation imaginable to be proactive about achieving our goals and making our dreams our reality.
You’re welcome to sign up. Just fill in the form with what you would like to achieve.
Okay! First things first, let’s see how I did on last month’s goals.
All in all, March wasn’t a particularly good month for me, which resulted in me having a major freak-out recently. Things are getting better now and I did get some things done, so let’s take a look.
My goals for March:
1) 60000 words written or 60 hours edited or some combination of the two.
I managed to write 7000 words and edit for 15hours, although I suspect I’ll be nudging this up a bit more over the next few days until the actual end of the month.
2) Revisions to Wo6C3
Haven’t started it yet, but I plan to over the weekend.
3) Rough edits to ES1
One round down. About a million left to go.
4) Rough draft BvB2
I have added words to this and will probably continue to do so until month end.
5) Finish rewrite to DM1
6) Prep rewrite for SS1
Haven’t started yet, but I hope I can get it done sometime this weekend.
7) Work on concept for CdW
Haven’t gotten to this.
8) Rough draft for StW
9) Edits for The Thing That Turned Me and Ghosts of Fire.
Didn’t get any editing suggestions.
Read 6 books
Read at least a few chapters of Les Trois Mousquetaires.
Didn’t get to it.
Networking and Marketing:
1) Send out e-arcs if not done by end February.
2) Send out posts and information to everyone involved with the Endless blog tour.
I’ve sent out cover reveal info, but still need to do everything else. I’ll probably graft to get this done before month end.
3) Get back into a regular blogging schedule.
Didn’t do too bad, although the freak out and lack of internet from moving house didn’t help.
4) More involvement in one more social network.
This I feel like I managed.
5) Update Amazon’s Author Profiles.
Not done yet.
6) Plan and create A to Z Challenge posts.
I managed to plan the posts and the first twenty are scheduled. I’ll have the rest scheduled by tomorrow.
1) Create balance for work/writing/life
Ah. The reason for my freak-out. Work has been trespassing everywhere else and I’m not too thrilled about that. But I am actively working at beating it back into its rightful place.
2) Get back into healthy eating habit.
Sigh. This one fell by the way-side. But I WILL succeed here.
3) Continue with vocal training.
4) Unpack house.
5) Find new sporting/exercise activity. (Yes, this one will keep appearing every month until I actually get this done.)
Done. I just haven’t started yet. (My brother and I will be going jogging together, which will be a good bonding thing for us too.)
So overall, I actually didn’t do that bad. Just felt like I was rolling a house-sized stone uphill this month.
Goals for April:
1) I signed up for CampNaNoWriMo in April, with the goal set at 60k words. (Those of you who’ve been reading these update posts will realize I have a running theme here.) 60 hours of edits or some combination of the two count as well.
2) Revisions to Wo6C3 (In case I don’t get them done this week, which I might not.)
3) Rough edits to ES1 using critique partner feed-back.
4) Add 10k words to BvB2.
5) Revisions to O1.
6) Start rewriting SS1
7) Prep rewrite for VD
8) Work on CdW concept.
9) Add 5k words to StW.
10) See if I can do more than 60k this month.
Since I’ve got some huge goals up on the writing side, I won’t be putting too much of a priority on this, but if I can:
Read 6 books.
Read a few chapters of Les Trois Mousquetaires.
Networking and Marketing
1) Send out any out-standing posts for the Endless blog tour.
2) Visit at least 25 blogs every day for the A to Z Challenge.
3) Regular updates on Social Networks.
4) Update Amazon’s Author Profiles
1) Find and maintain a balance between work/writing/life.
2) Cut out refined carbs.
3) Continue vocal training
4) Go jogging at least once a week.
That’s it for me. Anyone else doing CampNaNoWriMo in April? My username is iceangel if you want to buddy up.
How are you doing on your goals?