Wednesday, October 17, 2012

DINYB Blogfest: Jodi McIsaac




Today I'm taking part in the Did I Notice Your Book Blogfest. Basically, I pick a book that caught my eye and blog about it. Then I see if the author actually finds the post.




Without contacting her directly. So, bloggy friends, this is where you come in. Please spread the word that I'm looking for her and maybe awesomeness will happen and she'll stop by.

This is the book I picked:



Through the Door by Jodi McIsaac. The title caught my eye first, but I adore the cover (although I think the title could be more prominent). Here's what the story is about:

Celtic mythology and the modern world collide in Through the Door, the first book in the new urban fantasy series The Thin Veil.

Cedar McLeod lives an ordinary but lonely life, raising her six-year-old daughter Eden on her own while trying to balance the demands of her career and the expectations of her mother. Everything seems normal until the day Eden opens her bedroom door and finds herself half a world away – and then goes missing. Suddenly, Cedar realizes her daughter is anything but normal.

In a desperate search for answers, Cedar tries to track down Eden’s father, who mysteriously disappeared from her life before Eden was born. What she discovers is far beyond anything she could have imagined. As she joins unlikely allies in the hunt for her daughter, Cedar finds herself torn between two worlds: the one she thought she knew, and one where ancient myths are real, the stakes are impossibly high, and only the deepest love will survive.


Sounds great, doesn't it? Definitely a book for my TBR list.

Would it have caught your eye? Will you help me spread the word? And Ms. McIsaac, are you here yet?

33 comments:

  1. soounds exciting! the cover is cool! just wish the writing was a little bigger on it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Misha - what a great find .. I love Celtic stories - I'll have a look out for it .. Jodi McIsaac - a new name to me .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the cover too, but I agree, I'd like to see the title more. Sounds cool though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, this book would catch my eye, too, particularly since I'm interested in the use of myth in literature and in Celtic (and especially Welsh) myth.
    Here's the answer to the question you tweeted to me, about why I laid part of my novel in South Africa. The book is laid in the 30th century, on a now globally unified Earth, and I wanted to show several parts of the world, so I made my male protagonist born in Wales but raised by his sister in S.A. near Johannesburg (called Jonnsberg by that point) from the age of ten. Toward the end of the story there is a long segment laid on his family's holdings. You can read the 1st 14 chapters of "The Termite Queen" on separate pages at http://termitewriter.blogspot.com, or download a sample on Smashwords - http://bit.ly/LoekxF
    BTW, I found Jodi McIsaac at @jodimcisaac on Twitter and told her you were looking for her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Misha and all. Found it! =) Thanks to Lorinda for the heads up. Glad Through the Door caught your eye!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cover is totally eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, this is yet another book that sounds like something I'd adore. LOVE the Celtic mythos. Def adding it to my 'list'. :-)

    Great choice for DINYB, Misha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like an interesting book. Definitely like the cover, but I do think the title should be a bit bigger. It gets lost on the cover. Thanks for sharing about the book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's such an amazing cover. I'd definitely pick this up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cover, and I love celtic legends. I'll have to put this on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's such a cool cover with the keyhole, although I agree the title needs to be a bit more prominent. It sounds like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, and Jodi found it!
    Thanks for participating in our blogfest.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not a fantasy person, but that's a beautiful, intriguing cover. For some reason, it made me think of some game I used to play on my family's first computer, our '84 Mac.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowza! What a lovely cover! And the author found you - well done. It looks like a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a great cover though the title is hard to see. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Even though I agree, the title could be bigger, but,I LOVE the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It does sound great. Wow, so many amazing books to check out. Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The cover is gorgeous, and the hook definitely got my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my, it sounds intriguing. Gotta put it on my TBR list! Gorgeous cover, too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the cover and yes, the book sounds great too! This is crazy because my tbr list is busting at the seams!

    ReplyDelete
  21. *Looks around.

    Holy crap. I saw your tweet about HTML the other day but didn't expect your blog to look like this. I thought I was somewhere else for a second there. It looks nice though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yeah it felt like the blog needed a major change. Glad to hear you like it. :-)

      Delete
  22. I love the MC is a mother. That caught my interest in the blurb.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! That looks and sounds like a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What an interesting concept, Misha! It sure didn't take long for Ms. McIsaac to find you!

    I love the cover although I do agree, the title is a little small. The story line sounds very interesting and I am intrigued with Celtic myths and legends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yes, that does sound like a good read. I love that cover, too, but I agree that the title should be bigger. And the author's name, too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fascinating. I'm always in awe of where these stories come from.

    ReplyDelete
  27. It sounds really interesting! I like the cover. I also took part of this blogfest! :)

    http://brittneycanna.blogspot.com/2012/10/did-i-notice-your-book.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. You gotta wonder where that keyhole leads. Agree that the font could be a tad bigger for ease of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful cover. I want to peek through that keyhole!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to read what you think.

Feel free to ignore the check-box saying "Prove you're not a robot." My word verification is off, but I moderate comments to posts older than two weeks.