Monday, April 2, 2018

Update Day

This post is for Update Day, which is our once-a-month update for the Got Goals Bloghop.



I'm a few days late in updating, and I have two reasons for it. Firstly, Update Day fell on Good Friday, which I had decided not to post on, and then I got majorly side-tracked on Thursday, which was when I was planning to write and schedule my update post.

Secondly... I got easily side-tracked because I had been procrastinating on writing this post. And... you know... blogging in general.

Why? Well... the thing with a monthly update (and blogging as a whole, really) is that it requires a certain amount of introspection.

Usually, it's the case that I would feel like I achieved little, and would end up being surprised at how much I actually did get done.

March was another beast. One that I did not, and still don't, want to face.

...

...

....

................................................

Okay. I just faced it and it's just making me feel nihilistic (and like I'm going to jump from somewhere high in the near future), so let's not post that on the blog, even though I doubt anyone will see this thanks to A to Z. (She says after deleting about half the post she's written.)

Suffice it to say... I didn't achieve anything of not last month. And odds are there's not going to be much in the way of improvement in April. On the contrary.

So I'm not going to set any goals, because I'm just going to hopefully let myself be pleasantly surprised in a few weeks.

I'm probably not going to blog much until the next Update Day either. So if I'm quiet this month... don't worry... I'm probably around somewhere... But April happens to be a good blog break time if you're not taking part in A to Z. (I'm not.)




15 comments:

  1. I'm not either so I'll only have two posts this month. Maybe we'll both get a lot done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you need that rest to regain strength. I'm glad you're giving yourself permission to take a break rather than trying to force yourself through. Hope the Nihilism only has to do with a lack of (visible) writing progress (because life experience and "slower" writing periods often held germinate an idea so that when it is ready to sprout it is more beautiful and complete) and not anything more series. Looking forward to hearing from you next update day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Misha - good luck for April ... I hope things turn easier - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a bad idea to skip setting goals and see what transpires. Hope you have a good April.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay away from all cliffs! We all get bogged down. I like to think those days of struggle are the days that we are connecting with the emotions we need for the hard parts of the stories. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear that March was such a beast for you. Hope April is better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope April is a more positive month for you. I've also found this a good month to take a break if you're not taking part in A to Z.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, my March was kind of similar, but we keep going:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wherever you are, I hope you're making progress toward your goals and finding success. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope your month goes well. Doesn't sound like it could get much worse as far as goals go. No where to go but up? Not a silver lining so much as a tin one, but hey, gotta take what you can get in life, right? Trust it'll come back around to sunshine and roses and all that, yeah?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Setting goals can be really good – but sometimes it can be even better to take the pressure off for a while. I hope you do get something done and that makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes I like not setting definite goals, because then every activity feels like progress!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Instead of setting goals in April, why don't you write down what you succeed at. So far this month I've been to the gym 9 times. (then I sprained my ankle) I've queried an agent. (A huge hurdle for me.) I've tweaked a ms. (again) See how that seems like I've done a lot so far this month? Celebrate your successes! (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to hear March was such a depressing month for you. :( Hope April has been going better for you than you expected!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Misha, I think we all need a break from time to time. I was completely overwhelmed with my pain and I couldn't dig deep enough to write. I'm back though and I really missed it... I hope your break bring some success for April... give yourself a break, we all need it once and awhile, it's okay❤

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to read what you think.

Feel free to ignore the check-box saying "Prove you're not a robot." My word verification is off, but I moderate comments to posts older than two weeks.