Monday, May 15, 2017

Back, and I've brought back-up.

Hey lovely people.

So as I mentioned before, things are going better here, but I've still been quiet.

The reason for this is rather silly and kind of good, but annoying all the same.

The truth is, I've been so busy with freelancing jobs that I haven't been able to even so much as look at any of my social networks for almost two months. The only exception being my monthly update posts, and even that one I almost missed in April because I was so busy and exhausted.

In fact, it's come to the point where I didn't know how to get ahead again. I already had my first inkling back when I first hit my $500 goal.

I'd made it and that's *AMAZING*, but I only just made it. As in, I hardly had any time left after doing the work. But for the past few months, I've been doing month after month at around a $300 level, but unable to break through the barrier simply because I'm not ready to raise my rates to make more money per job, but I don't have more time to work either. And the worst is, it's not actually the work that's killing me. It's all the admin that comes with it.

But then I had a bright idea.

My brother was talking about how he wants a really nice and flexible part-time job while he studies, and I realized I could really offer him that. In exchange for a fixed percentage of my writing/editing income, he's going to start working for me for a month to see if we can make things work.

If it does work out and we can streamline the work, I might finally be able to do more, and finish my book, and actually have time to visit blogs etc. etc. And if that's the case, he can actually make a really nice income right along with me, all while studying at the same time.

I'm really excited about this, because it might be an excellent way to expand the overall publishing business that is me.

How are you guys doing?


16 comments:

  1. Hiring an assistant - brilliant idea. It is all the detail stuff in any job that sucks up all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good solution to your freelancing issues. Hope you and your brother can figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it works out so you have some more free time! That would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good idea, Misha! I hope it works out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your plan works out well for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a win-win for both of you. If I could get free labor though, I would so take it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! That is a great solution.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That would be a huge help for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's great news, Misha. I hope it continues to work out for the best and gives you the time to do what you want to focus on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the fact the sunshine is creeping back into your tone as things get better. Sounds exciting for both you and your brother. Cheering you on. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good idea. Hope it works out for both of you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds great! And what's good about hiring him is that you already know and trust him. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Misha, that's fabulous news! I'm so happy to hear it. I've got my toes crossed that things will continue on this upward spiral and that you'll find the freedom you crave. You're such a fighter. Keep up the battle. =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woot woot! I'm glad there's a win-win side to this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's awesome! I'm glad you are doing well and can hire an assistant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Through decades of self-employment, my husband and I have learned (sometimes the hard way) that if you try to do it all yourself, business suffers. And it feels really good to share the enthusiasm and profits with another person who is contributing to your success.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to read what you think.

Feel free to ignore the check-box saying "Prove you're not a robot." My word verification is off, but I moderate comments to posts older than two weeks.