At least I can say I got some important stuff done in July:
1) I finished my own revisions to Book 3.
2) I got my visum.
3) I'm at a level with my French where I think I can call myself conversant again. (How's that for a crash course of two months?)
Also, I won Camp NaNo with more than a week to spare.
1) Prepare for my upcoming trip to France.
2) Find enough CPs for Book 3.
3) Start working on another manuscript while I rest Book 3/wait for CPs.
4) Clear as much as possible from my contract work to-do list before I leave for France on August 9th.
5) Finish two more bookmarks before I leave.
6) Have a great time in France.
That's going to be it for me for today! I'm most likely going to be back for IWSG, but if not, I'll see you guys when I come back on the 20th. How did your July go? What are your plans for August?
Wow, congrats on all your accomplishments! That's awesome how you were able to get conversant in French again that quickly. Hope you have fun in France!ReplyDelete
Well done Mischa - that's great you're progressing so well ... and have a trip to France lined up ... good luck and enjoy - HilaryReplyDelete
Thanks Hilary! :-DDelete
That's awesome that you won Camp NaNo. Good for you! And have fun in France. I tried studying French in college, but all I remember how to say is "I don't speak French" in French.ReplyDelete
The last time I went, I hadn't had time to brush up my French, and also not the resources I have now. (Thank you Netflix and Duolingo.) I went to Paris, and I swear, "Je ne parle pas beaucoup de Francais" is the most useful phrase ever. Everyone was so nice to me. They either switched to English or they spoke slower and with lots of gesturing so we could understand each other.Delete
Congrats on winning Camp and I hope you have an amazing time in France!ReplyDelete
Thanks so much! It was amazing. :-)Delete