In Part 1, I shared how I did with my 2017 goals, but today, I want to take a look at what I want to achieve in 2018.
I've been struggling to wrap my head around goals this year for some reason. Maybe it's because I feel like I'm hopelessly behind on everything, or maybe it's because everything feels like it's up in the air, which makes planning ahead for a year a bit difficult.
But... I do feel like I get more done if I do have a goal frame-work in my life, so I'm going to try.
So I'm going to go back to categories this year.
Five-Year Goal: Make a Living Off My Writing
Technically I achieved this last year, but I'm going to keep the goal as is, because I'm still far from the number I want to reach. Also, I do want to change the way in which I'm reaching this goal.
So, my goals towards my Five-Year Goal are:
1) Earn $2,500 per month by the end of this year.
2) Change the profile of my earnings so a third of my income comes from publishing and/or selling my own work.
This brings me to the next break down of my goals:
First, I really need to write more, but I also really need to publish something. I can't keep skipping publishing years.
1) Write or edit something of my own every day.
2) Finish and publish Wo6C3.
3) Publish the sequel to Endless and/or
4) Publish my historical romance.
This brings me to the next heading, since it's no use to publish without marketing:
These are a bit more varied, but somewhat more involved than you'd think.
1) Update my website. Yes, I have a website, for which I pay hosting, but it's so out of date, like before-I-split-with-my-publisher old, so I never link to it, which I find to be sad.
2) Create a newsletter. Finally have a big enough readership to justify this.
3) Update The Vanished Knight, The Heir's Choice and Endless to reflect everything I've learned in the past two years. (Like better formatting, since I'm way more experienced now than I was when I started self-publishing.)
4) Be more active on my social networks. (Which includes figuring a content strategy I can actually stick to.)
5) Ramp up marketing for Wo6C3 as I prepare to publish it.
And then I have some more goals regarding my life, since being of sound mind and in good health actually helps me get more done.
1) Be more healthy. Yeah yeah I know this one always gets up there, but this one is always the first goal to go when the wheels fall off, so I need to sort my shit out here. I only have to lose like 66 pounds or something now. Sigh.
2) Read for at least 15 minutes every day.
3) Rest from computer screens from sunrise to sunset on at least one day a week.
4) Finish the needlepoint tapestry I started like two years ago.
5) Finish the oil painting I definitely started two years ago.
Okay those are the big ones I can think of right now. I'll probably add and deduct goals as I go, depending on how my year goes, but I feel like I hit all the important things.
What about you? What goals did you set for 2018? Don't forget to sign up if you want to join the Got Goals? Bloghop.