Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Update Day at Last

Hey guys,

So I promised to post my update on Monday, but my headache only started to fade yesterday (and I also had yesterday as a deadline for an editing job that. would. not. get. done.)

For those of you wondering what I'm talking about, me, Jen and Brittney host a bloghop where everyone sets some crazy or crazy important goals. Then on the last Friday of every month, we post updates on how we're doing.

If you'd like to see who's taking part or to sign up, please click here.


So how I did...

In a word... crap. 

I think last month counted as one of the worst in my entire life, due to some personal reasons, which made it almost impossible for me to work efficiently, which in turn made it impossible for me to write, 

So. None of my goals reached. 

And if my personal life wasn't bad enough, my country's president literally fucked us all over by sacking most of his cabinet for a bunch of yes-men, thereby dumping our country in junk status. 

On Friday, it's looking like the whole country might be shutting down in protest as the ruling party has seen it fit to protect the president instead of our democracy. 

So... Fun times. 

Guys... I'm tired.

Just when I think I've dealt with my burn-out, some asshat comes up with a match and some kerosene. 

Maybe I'm pulling this thing on way too much, but I don't know what's scaring me more: everyone complaining and doing nothing while the president destroys our constitution or everyone rising up to the point where everything else but the constitution gets destroyed. Because as it is right now, I'm kinda feeling like it could go either way.

But yeah, thoughts and prayers could go a long way.

8 comments:

  1. *hugs* It's so stressful when the people in power are ruining everything. We're dealing with that problem here. *coughsTRUMPcoughs* It's not fun. Not at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I was going to say something similar to Cherie. Sorry things are so stressful right now. Hopefully they start to get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thoughts and prayers with you.
    http://www.junetakey.com/posts/the-beginning-of-the-end-shadow-stalker-episode-19/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is scary. No, our country isn't anywhere near that, although in twenty years I could see it happening but for different reasons. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopefully you guys get things worked out. I don't think people appreciate how fragile freedom is because people often put power above principle.

    I'm off track too. Here's to April being more organized.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry things are piling up for you even more, Misha. Yes, our country is a terrible mess. Hang in there Misha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The world is a scary place right now. In a lot of countries, for a lot of reasons. Maybe you need to balance your personal goals with the stress of everything going on around you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can relate to this 100%. I hope this month and next month are better for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to read what you think.

Feel free to ignore the check-box saying "Prove you're not a robot." My word verification is off, but I moderate comments to posts older than two weeks.