Friday, May 30, 2014

Update Day

Hey all! Welcome to yet another update day! It's scary to think that next month we'll be half-way through the year.

For those of you who don't know, I have a list here of people who have big goals and every month, we update each other and the world on how we're doing. Anyone's welcome to join, so do go sign up! 




So how did I do? 

Basically, I gave up on doing any edits this month about half-way through, since my mind just wouldn't fall into line. So instead I got back to doing needlepoint with my writing music blaring in the background. And I did farm-related work (of course, being my job). Also, I pretty much got into the car whatever opportunity I got to escape for a few hours. 

You'd think I'd be here saying that once again, I got absolutely nothing done. 

You'd be wrong. This month I finished cleaning up The Vanished Knight for publishing and revised nine chapters (out of 26) of The Heir's Choice. 

So, still not at last year's levels of productivity, but hey, I'll get there. At least I can say I got started. 

Hopefully I'll be able to finish this round of revisions within the next two weeks. If I do, I definitely want to get some drafting in. It's way past time. 

Which means, my year (past and planned) looks like this: 




How are you doing? 

21 comments:

  1. Having goals is always good. Accomplishing them is even better. Great idea for a hop, Misha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot woot, great job on your revisions!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your year looks so colourful! Steady progress is better than everything at once then stopping completely - take my word for it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Editing/ cleaning words matters. :)
    Congrats on getting stuff accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still baby blankets to finish for my two younger boys. I'm a bad mom (and I was too busy when they were born to needlepoint)

    I think you've done quite well getting stuff back on track after the publishing nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Progress is progress, and you seem to be picking up momentum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are moving forward and that is what is important. Great job on the editing progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job, Misha!! I put the editing aside to focus on my current wip. I always slow down a bit in summer. I set my short story writing aside as well. It's tough to keep up with one project let alone 3 during this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Misha,

    Your plans seem to be coming along nicely. All the best with it all.

    A relaxing, reflective weekend for you?

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I love that chart. It looks so awesome and organized.

    And moving forward is always a good thing, even if it might be slightly slower progress than we had intended. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! I've had such an unproductive year this year... I'm glad yours is starting to go better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I could do charts! Sounds like you're hitting the goals at steady pace and getting stuff done. Good for you Misha! :)

    shahwharton.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you got quite a lot done, even if it wasn't quite what you planned.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a productive month. Well done! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a great spreadsheet. Sounds like you got a ton of work done, but also balanced that with getting out and living, which is equally important. Get through that editing so you can draft. It's a nice carrot to dangle. I've been drafting lately and it is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Taking breaks is so important, and when you can continue being creative while taking a writing break, all the better. I'm a walker. When I feel stuck, or need to get my head back into line, I always find a long walk works best. No doubt you'll hit June refreshed and ready.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Things seem so much more quantifiable laid out in plans and goals, good work on your productivity!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good job!
    I can only dream of editing (just started on WIP).
    Sania @ Fragile Words

    ReplyDelete
  19. You seem to be back on track. Excellent. And I love your colour coded spreadsheet :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have felt unmotivated for a long time. But in June I feel a burst of adrenaline coming back in, so hopefully it will stick. ;) I've done more in these first 2 days of June than I did in most of May. :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to read what you think.

Feel free to ignore the check-box saying "Prove you're not a robot." My word verification is off, but I moderate comments to posts older than two weeks.